Read Time:1 Minute, 0 Second
Have you ever considered a ‘walking car’? – Yes, that’s what we said! A walking car. Enter Hyundais concept car;
Watch Hyundai’s concept car walk on four legs
What You Should Know
- Hyundai’s uncrewed concept car, TIGER X-1, is designed to drive on four wheels and walk on four legs. Its design will allow it to carry cargo over difficult terrain.
- The Tiger could also connect to an unmanned aerial drone that can carry it to and from remote locations, Hyundai said. The Tiger and drone could also charge one another’s batteries as needed.
- This concept vehicle is similar to the Hyundai Elevate, a walking concept vehicle unveiled as animation at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show. That larger vehicle is designed to carry people.
- The Tiger will require at least another five years of development and testing before it’s ready for real-world cargo-only use, according to Hyundai. A vehicle like the Elevate that could safely carry people will take longer.
- The Tiger is being developed by Hyundai’s New Horizons Studio, a Mountain View-based division of Hyundai Motor Group.